torstai 6. joulukuuta 2018

Leg stretching - luukku 6


As much I like riding I also have a lot of other hobbies and stuff like everyone else. The thing that they all have a common is that I have to warm up my body and muscles. So today I will share some moves that I do before riding lesson so my thighs and calves are warmed up and stretched and ready to go.


 It's really good to have an counterbalance for riding that still supports your exercising. Stretching is as important as other exercising. There's also the injury prevention factor because warm muscles simply function better than those pushed into tough efforts right away. So here we go!

BEFORE LESSON

 You can warm your muscles in legs by walking and jumping (I usually do some high knee running and butt kicks). After that I recommended to do couple calf raises.

CALF RAISES→   Stand with your on your feet hip-width apart, keep standing tall and push up to your toes. Then lower yourself back down so your feet are flat on the floor again. Repeat this couple of times, it should give your calves a good stretch.


And then toe touches, quadriceps and abductors stretches.

QUADRICEPS → Stand straight and hold your foot with the same side and lift the foot up toward your butt, keeping your thighs and knees together. (Use wall for balance) You should fell a gentle stretch in front of the thigh. Hold for awhile and switch legs.

ABDUCTORS STRETCHES STANDING → Stand straight with feet more than shoulder width apart. Place your hands on your hips and then start to lower your body toward one side. Your opposite leg is straightened out. Hold for 15-30 seconds and repeat with other side.

After that you can stretch your hand by rotating them forward and backward.

BONUS MOVE: Leg Swings - side to side


Last but not least let`s wake up our posterior and stretch our back →  

Stand with your feet just wider than shoulders-width apart and your arms straight up in the air and slightly back. Bend forwards from the hip, keeping you legs straight and reach down between your legs. Then stand tall again, raising your arms up and back above your head whilst clenching your glutes tight. Repeat 10 times. It´s a good exercise for fortifying your posterior.

I know it`s sometimes difficult to remember to stretch and I know that I don't do it as much as I should but this might be the time to take the bull by its horns and really try to remember to stretch before and after lessons or other exercising.
 Spoiler: another part for this is coming later ;) 





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti